Mr Trevor Gauld
State Secretary of Tasmanian Branch of the Communications, Electrical and Plumbing Union.
Trevor holds a variety licences and qualifications relevant to the electrical industry and has worked across a large range of the
different electrical industry sectors including power distribution and transmission, electrical maintenance and electrical construction.
He began working fulltime for the Union in 2008 and during that time has represented his Unions member’s interests on a variety of
working committees, boards and advisory councils at both a State and Federal Level. Trevor has experience working with industry
stakeholders to improve workplace health and safety as well as the development and implementation of agreed industry safety
standards including advising regulatory agencies and Government on the application of relevant legislative instruments.
Trevor has previously held a position as a Director of NTBuild from 2008 through to 2011 in the Northern Territory as a member representing
the interests of Northern Territory construction workers.
Positions Previously Held
- Work Health and Safety Advisory Council – Council Member 2009 - 2011
- NTBuild – Director 2008 - 2011
- Northern Territory Electrical Workers and Contractors Licensing Board – Board Member 2008 – 2011
- Major Industry Training Advisory Council – Director 2008 - 2011
- Waterfront Occupational Health and Safety Committee – Member 2008 - 2009
- Transmission & Distribution Health, Safety and Maintenance Committee – Member 2011 – 2013
- Northern Territory Trades and Labour Council – Executive Member 2008 - 2011
- Electro-technology Industries Sector Committee – Deputy Chair 2008 - 2010
- Skills Qld Advisory Committee - Member 2011 – 2012
- Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission – Commission Member - Appointed July 2014
- TasBuild – Director - Appointed July 2014